Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pioneer 1000 hard to start in cold 20 to 29 degrees if not operated for a few days..

After much reading an coming to the conclusion nothing may be wrong after reading all the things listed that people say could be wrong and recommended,...... if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Starting from a first start after days in 20 degree cold would crank 3 or four times finally start rough and die, or run down battery,, with newer battery on maintainer...once start reve up to keep going...ok decided to try something, as electronic system should start quick, this works...

Do not depress gas peddle

Turn key on and listen for fuel pump to stop pumping...now do the same 3 times.

4 time Turn key to start and start do not touch gas peddle for a few seconds....

Works for me.....

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
It seems every machine is just a little different, and everyone figures out what works for them. (y)
On mine, in winter I keep the battery tender on all the time when I am not using it.
Every time, winter or summer I wait for the Hello Honda.
I only once had "Wild Blue" not start the first time, but it was cold, and I do not have a garage.
Atmosphere World Font Astronomical object Screenshot

That day, it was crank crank crank, fire and die.
key off, key on, Hello Honda, crank crank crank, fire and run.
And then idle for a half hour while I went back in the house to stay warm before plowing snow.
Have a good day

1 - 2 of 2 Posts