Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my Pioneer in March and am wondering what everyone's thought are on colors. I am having a mental issue paying $600 bucks more for Camo. The dealer told me that Camo is always more and that it helps for resale. I prefer Camo because its Camo and it matches my Benelli SBEII but $600 bucks is a lot of money.

Am I crazy or has anyone else thought of this too?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Red ones are faster...............................J/K. I think camo is overdone these days, besides you could have it camo wrapped in a camo pattern you actually like if you wanted to later on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ask any owner of a red Pioneer, they are faster, tougher, more fuel efficient, have better traction etc.
Oh yeah and its the only color my wife would let me buy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I do like the camo though. Had camo on my Yamaha rhino and it looked great still after 7 years. The new Honda camo looks a lot better than the old natural gear camo they had IMO

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well IMO Honda green is perfect, as a teen I had a Honda 175 Elsenor which was Honda Green and now today I have a Pioneer also Honda Green. I had a lot of fun on that green cycle and feel like a teen again with my green pioneer.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Lost my green 4-wheeler for a while in the woods once. I actually won't buy camo or green machines anymore for that reason.
Well for the right price I guess I would:)
I've done the same thing a time or two. Had to put reflective tape on so I could find my wheeler coming from the stand after dark. lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm as big a hunter as I know.

Do you guys REALLY think the camo makes a diff.....and if so, in what way?

My current machine is red. I bought it because it was a "last years" model and I saved a lot of cash in doing so. If I had my choice (for no more $$), I'd take the camo. If I have to pay for it...........not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I'm as big a hunter as I know.

Do you guys REALLY think the camo makes a diff.....and if so, in what way?

My current machine is red. I bought it because it was a "last years" model and I saved a lot of cash in doing so. If I had my choice (for no more $$), I'd take the camo. If I have to pay for it...........not so much.
I've seen a few pics of deer getting hauled around in green and red Pioneers. They didn't look like they minded at all what color it was.. lol

I think it's more about the break up of the color than the color itself when it comes to camo and wildlife.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've seen a few pics of deer getting hauled around in green and red Pioneers. They didn't look like they minded at all what color it was.. lol

I think it's more about the break up of the color than the color itself when it comes to camo and wildlife.
+1
I wear blaze orange in my stands during rifle season. Breaking up your outline is what's most important. But, personally I feel much stealthier during bow season when I am invisible to everything..... :)

I have misplaced my king quad a time or two. That thing has great camo. Haha. Usually keep my St IHL in my saw press to make a marker.

And its true about the red Hondas, they are the best of the breed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never seen a Camo one in the woods... Kinda just blends in and disappears. I stop for a pee and turn around and its gone. Haha.

I'm a sucker for the Camo. For hunting - I think they hear, smell you before they make a visual so I really don't think it matters in my experience. Camo looks good IMO.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've never seen a Camo one in the woods... Kinda just blends in and disappears. I stop for a pee and turn around and its gone. Haha.

I'm a sucker for the Camo. For hunting - I think they hear, smell you before they make a visual so I really don't think it matters in my experience. Camo looks good IMO.
It does look good, and it wears so much better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was going to get the Red BUT when I just ordered the other day the deal said he had no idea when he would get a red. He did have a camo on the lot. So....I got the camo.

I would have liked to get the red but for some reason I was thinking with spring coming soon these might be going quick so I bit the bullet and just got it now to be safe.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Get what you want and wrap it!
is that black ap wrap? I like the camo but in my own opinion it doesnmatter what color you get it is only on 30 percent of the bike anyway

1 - 20 of 24 Posts