Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured we could talk a little bit about the PC-V, weather its install, gains or whatever. I'm new to a lot of this stuff so what I'm posting initially is simply a medley of information I've come across in my learnings...

So from what I understand PC is simply a change to the air fuel mix, however in talking with a friend of mine he did say that if you're going to be running the stock maps you will not likely see any gains. However because these machines seem to be super lean from the factory, altering the AFM should reduce some of the heat concerns (glowing red) on the exhaust.

However what I've been told in the context of motorcycle applications, is that the power commander is typically used as a remedy or a balancer if you will, after making other changes first. I suppose the most common changes would be intake and exhaust.

I do however have a couple questions for the experts, first is value. Is the PC-V worth the coin? I suppose if additional mods will be carried out, yes, but in stock form is it really? Second comes to installation and tuning, do we know of the best location for ease of install, any ideas? As for programming, is there an autotune feature like PC IV and PC III...

appreciate any and all input guys :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
How do you keep up with all the replies LOL? There is a bit of a thread which talks about the PC from a few days ago if you want to search it.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I put a PCV on my 570 rzr. I used a canned tune from starting line products that actually made it a little richer, raised the rpm limiter and changed the fuel mapping to elimnate a backfire condition. It did not raise the speed limiter on the 570. I was happy with the changes but it did not provide a big boost in power. On my 800 rzr it raised the speed limiter and gave it more noticeable power increase. In both cases it did what I thought. On a pioneer I would like it to go faster but I am not sure that would be good for the tranny on this machine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
tranny will be fine at faster speed. its the motor rev that should be the concern since there is no tach but I guess the pc-v will display the tach for engine speed

Reactions: redhead

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO basically you're not raising the top end but raising how quickly you get to the top end if I'm understanding correctly. As an aside is there a way to disable the factory govern to actually unleash any real gains?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Camo Graphics

Just got the camo graphics for the tailgate and the front! they look super sharp! We were talking about getting someone to do this for us, but when we saw that you could purchase the lettering for 30$, we got them and did it ourselves. Nice details go a long way!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts