Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am going to start adding accessories to my pioneer 700-2

My plan is to wire in a 30amp relay that will then send power through to my switch panel.

--I plan on adding a 20" lightbar

--Stereo with 4 speakers (purchased a box from FrogheadATV)

--Rear cargo LED lights(2 small ones)

My main question: What is the best wire to tap into for the IGN line on the relay? Should I use a relay? or just wire in a master power switch so that I could use it without the key on.

also, where would be the best place to run the wires from the battery to the relay and switch panel underneath the front hood?

I was also looking for some recommendations for where I should mount the relay and switch panel.

I'm adding a winch as well, but going to be using a separate relay and switch for that?

I'm open to any and all advice/suggestions.

· Registered
47 Posts
if your going to use a relay i'd buy the honda accessory sub harness cost me $12 here in canada its way easier than splicing into wires.for main power i plan on taking mine from the positive battery cable on my winch contactor which i mounted under the hood

· Registered
131 Posts
if your going to use a relay i'd buy the honda accessory sub harness cost me $12 here in canada its way easier than splicing into wires.for main power i plan on taking mine from the positive battery cable on my winch contactor which i mounted under the hood
being a person really picky when doing work on my toys, having a harness to use instead of splicing is a much nicer way, quicker and cleaner.

· Registered
0 Posts
So I am going to start adding accessories to my pioneer 700-2

My plan is to wire in a 30amp relay that will then send power through to my switch panel.

--I plan on adding a 20" lightbar

--Stereo with 4 speakers (purchased a box from FrogheadATV)

--Rear cargo LED lights(2 small ones)

My main question: What is the best wire to tap into for the IGN line on the relay? Should I use a relay? or just wire in a master power switch so that I could use it without the key on.

also, where would be the best place to run the wires from the battery to the relay and switch panel underneath the front hood?

I was also looking for some recommendations for where I should mount the relay and switch panel.

I'm adding a winch as well, but going to be using a separate relay and switch for that?

I'm open to any and all advice/suggestions.
I did a bunch of similar wiring to my 700. You can order a sub harness on line that connects to the wiring harness test socket. From there I ran a lead to a fuse panel so everything is independently fused. LED pods for front and back up lights using the relay harnesses for each set, of lights. I installed a dome light, a winch switch, a voltmeter, USB port and a cigarette socket along with the 2 sets of pod lights. By using the sub harness which is keyed power, the LED lights in the switches turn off when you shut it down and won't drain the battery as well. I had a plate made by Crossroads3D. pick your own config. for the switches. Fits like a glove where the safety sticker is in the middle of the dash. Just have to cut it out.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
666 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa to @elrojo2018.
That user has not been on since April of 2018.
But, your information might help someone else, so thanks for posting.
Do you have links to any of the items you installed?
Have a good day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts