Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here but I have ridden my p500 300 miles and over all I must say that it has met or exceeded all of my expectations. However me and my wife find that the seat belt has no give and digs into our shoulders when we hit a bump. I have noticed that most of the other brands have a little shock cord on the upper belt mounts that I would think would make it much better. But you cant get that piece separate from the whole assy.
Anyone have any suggestions ? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Glad to hear you love your pioneer!!

Not sure but maybe one of the other brands might offer that lil piece seperate?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the parts breakdowns and it appears the its a assy. My dealer sells Yamaha and Polaris maybe he can lead me in the right direction. Its not a deal breaker by any means just something that could be improved. I can get about 100 miles to a tank of fuel , You can get a lot of fun out of $10 worth of gas.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I bet!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I started wearing the belt under my arm instead of over it. I think the top mount of the belt is too low for taller riders. Seems to work very well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wearing your seat belt under your arm is going to hurt you pretty bad in a nasty wreck. Still might not keep you from coming out of the machine in a roll over.

Two of my good friends were in wrecks not wearing seat belts. One spent 3 months in the hospital and one is dead. I am not exaggerating or kidding about this.

My advice for helping the belts is to buy a set of harnesses. They are way more comfortable and protect you even more. I put a set in rzr and they stop the side kick of your upper body when you hit a bump.

My wife only complained about the harnesses because she is pretty well equipped and said they were a little tight in that area.

Reactions: Rancher Guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seat Belt Shoulder Pad...

The shoulder belt on my Rhino was bothering me by digging in so I found a 'Seat belt shoulder pad'. You wrap it around the seat belt shoulder area where you need padding and it fastens with Velcro and it stays put. Works great and my Rhino shoulder belt never bothered me again. Mine is grey like this one at Auto Zone for $7.00 ... http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...atbelt-pad/_/N-25bf?itemIdentifier=210167_0_0_

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not really that the belt digs, its that it doesn't have any flex to keep it from jarring. I think that the Yamaha Rhino/Viking seatbelt will bolt right up to the Honda it looks like the same company supplies them. But its a $160.00 gamble, anyone have a used one for me to try ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts