Honda Pioneer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think that I am going to go with the blade instead of the blower. It will do what I need it to for a lot less cost. i am a bit nervous about putting a dent in my lawn or something, but I am sure that I will be able to figure it out. I really wasn't expecting the snow blower attachment to be so costly. I would rather hire someone for that price, and that would probably be cheaper than buying the snow blower anyway.

· Registered
960 Posts
Snow blowers are kind of slow so the "fun factor" wouldn't be there very long. I have a blast with a blade though. I just ignore the warning label for the speed part.. lol
I agree. Just moving a machine that's blowing snow is no fun, but pushing it with a blade IS. It's like using a bobcat for moving dirt...those are fun.

· Registered
163 Posts
Snow blowers are kind of slow so the "fun factor" wouldn't be there very long. I have a blast with a blade though. I just ignore the warning label for the speed part.. lol
Lmao this reminds me of the snow removal company that I see near my wifes work. He does not give a **** what so ever. I seen him break stone pot and all kinds of things and hes whistling when he does it lol :D

· Registered
960 Posts
Lmao this reminds me of the snow removal company that I see near my wifes work. He does not give a **** what so ever. I seen him break stone pot and all kinds of things and hes whistling when he does it lol :D
I see it all the time, even snow plows from the city do this, it crazy to see the things they pull sometimes and when they hit a curb, it's loud! I bet the shock going through the cabin from it is bad. Just imagine how it would be in a Pioneer, we'd probably break something.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You guys should see the army of snow removal vehicles that they have in Montreal It is quite impressive. They have machines that clear the sidewalks and machines that clear the road and lay down gravel and salt. There ends up being huge drifts between the sidewalk and the road. It is crazy. No city knows how to live through the winter like Montreal.

· Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Most of the time the blade will trip so there's no impact to worry about. Once in a while it won't if you hit something tall enough, that will bring you to a stop. I recommend wearing the seat belt.

I hit a tall curb with mine on the 4 wheeler going way too fast. It was solid ice under the snow and couldn't stop or turn. I tweaked the push tube a little but nothing a press couldn't tweak back.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts