Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 700 and am thinking about adding a snow plow.
If I were to put one on at the dealership, how well would it work?
I've heard from some that they don't work so well.
Comments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just took delivery of a new 700 last week with a 6' Moose snow plow. Won't use it until next season and I'll be removing it and putting it into storage until then so the jury is kinda still out. It functions up and down the way it is but I'll be adding a pulley kit system to replace the U-bolt lift point that's on there now. To me, the angle of the winch cable is pretty steep and a pulley kit will raise that lift point up and reduce the cable angle by a factor of a lot plus the added bennefit of the block and tackle concept should allow the winch to work with less effort?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of a new 700 last week with a 6' Moose snow plow. Won't use it until next season and I'll be removing it and putting it into storage until then so the jury is kinda still out. It functions up and down the way it is but I'll be adding a pulley kit system to replace the U-bolt lift point that's on there now. To me, the angle of the winch cable is pretty steep and a pulley kit will raise that lift point up and reduce the cable angle by a factor of a lot plus the added bennefit of the block and tackle concept should allow the winch to work with less effort?
View attachment 41011 View attachment 41012
Looks great Jim! Where did you order the plow from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great Jim! Where did you order the plow from?
It was part of a list of dealer installed options that I ordered. I haven't used it yet due to the timing of the delivery of my Pioneer this spring so I've removed it and put it in storage until next winter. I'm looking forward to plowing when the snow flies next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts