Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving around in muddy conditions, the engine and skid plate are covered in muck. Has anyone built some splash guards around the rear wheels or rear frame area? I'm assuming Honda doesn't make this accessory. I could use some ideas and hopefully pics.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sprinkler cleans it nice if its not clay. Other than that even splash guard wont do much because the skidplat design

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, it's clear as mud to me. lol I'm not driving in deep mud just on muddy roads. The rear tires flip mud all over the exhaust and engine. I was thinking about trying to built some deflectors, either sheet metal or light rubber belting and probably attaching them to the frame rails to try and keep things cleaner. I figured someone else had already built something like that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry, it's clear as mud to me. lol I'm not driving in deep mud just on muddy roads. The rear tires flip mud all over the exhaust and engine. I was thinking about trying to built some deflectors, either sheet metal or light rubber belting and probably attaching them to the frame rails to try and keep things cleaner. I figured someone else had already built something like that.
I've done it and it works great,I'll do a write up shortly seeing that there's a interest.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Slowdryrider. I'm already seeing some inner fenders for the back tires. I didn't realize how much differance there is between a P-2 and a P-4. Looks like the P-4 doesn't flip mud quite as bad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honda could have did this better for not much money

Ok, this is what I came up with. It's a pretty simple design, mainly because I don't have much talent when it comes to working with sheet metal. There is still a gap couple of inches wide, between the top of the splash guards and the box for air curculation. It didn't seem to make any differance with the engine noise.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Pretty darn good rancher guy for a person that claims no sheet metal talent.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the splash guards painted and new wheels put on. Hey, even ol' ranchers like some chrome... Those painted wheels and no hub caps had to go... Will stay with the stock tires for awhile. So far I'm fairly impressed with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got the splash guards painted and new wheels put on. Hey, even ol' ranchers like some chrome... Those painted wheels and no hub caps had to go... Will stay with the stock tires for awhile. So far I'm fairly impressed with them.
How about photos of the wheels when it's all cleaned up? That's the first chrome ones I have seen on. I like them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it would cost Honda some bucks on the production side. I wonder how much money, lost customers, and reputation damage the recall is costing them. I don't even want to think about the possible law suits and liability claims...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I figured it must be a computer glitch or something. There can't be that many people checking out ideas on this forum... Lets see, if they would all send me a nickel, I might be able to retire, early...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts