Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has the Pioneer 700. He took his out and sunk it pretty bad with no snorkel. He drained the engine oil and it was full of water. Did about 5 oil changes till the oil was clean again. Bike runs great no issues at all but when you try to drive it the trans slips bad enough to where it almost doesn't move. Now if you let it idle and run for 10 - 15 min it seems to want to move norm for about 10ft then back to square 1. Anyone sunk one or had this issue yet. I don't know what oil he used to do the oil changes I am assuming super cheap. Doesn't look like there is another drain plug for the trans as they are basically 1 unit. Does the oil need to be for wet clutches or anything dont know much about the engine oil/trans oil. But I know it does not have the GN4 10w30 oil in it just a cheap auto parts 10w30 I think.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
244 Posts
maybe try the emergency valve and see what happens? I know other have done it also, maybe someone has a better idea.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You should change the oil and put better oil in the pioneer. Why would any body put cheap oil in a $ 12,000.00 UTV.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I assume the air box, etc., have been addressed as well? I would continue to drain and change the oil, good stuff. Keep in mind the engine/transmission combination requires a special oil so it shifts properly. Good luck with the unit.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check the connectors at the shift solenoids (3 of them) on the front side of the motor for moisture. They are what supplies the oil pressure to the transmission so any moisture in there might mess with them. Was the any dirt/debris in the oil? Possibly the oil pump pick up tube screen got plugged if there was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes we checked the emergency valve all is good there

He used the cheap oil just to flush everything about 5 times, he put good oil in after the last change out but it wasnt the gn4 so im assuming yes he needs to get the correct oil.

Wasnt really any mud or debris when we changed it just dirty milky oil from the water. If the correct oil doesnt fix it then we will check the shift solenoids and the oil pump pick up tube.

Ill let ya know the outcome, will be making a snorkel kit for him in the near future lol

·
Registered
2 Posts

He used the cheap oil just to flush everything about 5 times, he put good oil in after the last change out but it wasnt the gn4 so im assuming yes he needs to get the correct oil.

Wasnt really any mud or debris when we changed it just dirty milky oil from the water. If the correct oil doesnt fix it then we will check the shift solenoids and the oil pump pick up tube.

Ill let ya know the outcome, will be making a snorkel kit for him in the near future lol
[/QUOT

any input. Mine is doin the same thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts