Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is my findings, drove the viking, honda 2p a used ranger 800(not ure if it was mid size for full butsize of honda but a bit more cab room). Then went to polaris and drove a 570 ranger and will drive a 400 todAy.

Hated the viking so that was easy. The honda was definately the least noisy and the tranny was responsive at very low speeds, once it went into second, u could hold low rpm and cruise at15-18mph and comfortably have conversation. The dislikes were, the cab feels smaller than it should for a big unit. Im 6 3" and my knees are closer than i prefer to dash and seat is mor upright and firm vs ranger 800. The 800 had soft seating and a more comfortable sitting position, leg room and the ride was softer than the honda. The honda rode well and...i dont know what the tire press was on the honda but it seemed stiffer which was disappointing. Both rangers were louder than the honda and noise is important to me since i am using the vehicle for hunting transportation and family rides.

Anyway, tough decision, i liked both but neither one was perfect. I still trust the honda brand a lot more than polaris so that plays into it too but not sure if i can pull the trigger yet. The 2p wont last long so that will push me.

Pricing, 10.6 otd for honda, 9500 otd ranger 570, 10.4 ranger 800 full size otd after 1300 rebate and 400 is 8400 otd, all incl tax fees etc. the pricing w current rebates is tempting, plus, could get 4 yrs warranty and still be under the honda pricing. Decisions decisions...

Have others found the ride on the honda to be stiffer than polaris, seemed very noticeable to me

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got rid of my ranger 800 full size and got the pioneer. I agree the cockpit could be a bit bigger, and the ride isn't as plush, but I could see the ranger wasn't going to last like I thought it should. Hopefully honda did their homework and I'm still riding this pioneer 10 years from now.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Drove a Ranger 570 a few weeks ago, and it did seem to ride better. I think this is likely because the weight limits are much lower on the Ranger.

Also, the rear shocks on the Pioneer don't come set on full soft from the factory, so you can soften it up a alittle.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Kawi Teryx is pretty nice but did not suit my needs as much. Of course 9499 OTD for the P2 helped me make up my mind fast. So far its a good machine; its quiet with a big bed and capacity to work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I traded a Polaris 800 for the Honda, reducing the air pressure helped a ton but still a tad stiffer than the Polaris, I had my Polaris back to the dealer 5 times in 2.5 years and they never made it run like it was when new. The smoothness of the tranny alone is worth the beating I took on the trade. You couldn't give me a new. Polaris 800 and RZR for my Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts