1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I so want some of those

·
Registered
960 Posts
At least for now if you really want to put it to use you can find a ton of mud to play around in with it :D

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What brand did you go with? I am leaning towards TJD.
I went with the Mattracks EZ tracks. I like the fact that wheelbase doesn't get much longer, all the weight of the machine is centered over the tracks, and the way the track wraps on the drive sprocket, there are more cogs engaged in the sprocket. And I don't need a hitch extension to clear the tracks when towing!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Post pics when you get them on. Also will your final drive be like a lower gear.

Reactions: OLT

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post pics when you get them on. Also will your final drive be like a lower gear.
Put a set on my brothers Big Red last winter and I would say top speed is almost cut in half, but more torque also. It's gonna be a while before I install them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If they are geared like my Tatou 4s's they will be 40+% gear reduction. My top speed on my 700-4 with them on is 23-25mph GPS

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Bet it pulls though

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I am going to get a set of them eventually

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am going to get a set of them eventually
The nice thing about the tracks is you really only have to buy them once. (Unless you wear them out of course) Even if you trade rigs you just have to buy a different upper sprocket and kit for your A arms and you can put them on your next sxs or quad.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The nice thing about the tracks is you really only have to buy them once. (Unless you wear them out of course) Even if you trade rigs you just have to buy a different upper sprocket and kit for your A arms and you can put them on your next sxs or quad.
It's even simpler with the mattracks. It's like a wheel adapter, so I the bolt pattern stays the same the tracks will bolt on. Only need the anti-wrap brackets.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Tatou's are too for all the major bolt hole patterns, I think there's like 4 different patterns on the drive wheel. Just need the A arm brackets as they will be different from each manufacture.

Only thing is if you want them that geared down or not. Most sxs's have a fair bit more HP to turn the tracks than the Pioneer so you could get a different driver and have a higher top speed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts