Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Trail tech voyager GPS

4K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Dick 
#1 ·
I have a friend trying to get rid of a trail tech voyager GPS he wants to give me instead of paying a $200 debt. It seems simple enough to install. Does anyone have something like this on a pioneer? Im guessing ive got to hook it up to the thermostat or who knows? Any input will help.

#2 ·
Here's the tech support page info

Trail Tech || Tech Support

Trail tech page

Trail Tech || Voyager

Looks like it has it's own temp sensor that needs to be installed in the coolant line.

I'd make sure you get all the sensors in the deal.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Looks like there is a few different models of the voyager. If you can find a model number on the unit, you should be able to compare what you have to the parts list on their site.

I see the temp sensor in your pic, so you have that.

#7 ·
I have been looking for one to fit over the warning placard on the dash, I really need one where I ride. I like the features of this one. They are vehicle specific maybe that's more for the mounts? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

#11 ·
I see you can install them on bikes to, and those have a wheel sensor. Jgarriga , what did this come off of? I'd assume all the head units would be the same, and you'd just change the harness

#14 ·
Moose- it came off a razor.

Dick- I was gonna mount up high also but I am having a hard time seeing a clean way to do it in my head. I came accross the jbl and think it will look good and I'm pretty sure I can make some speakers look good in the overhead.

#15 · (Edited)
My jeep wrangler has fantastic sounding overhead speakers, I was thinking maybe see if I could find some in a junk yard. I think they would fit in the Pioneer. And they are water proof.

As far as the GPS I took this evening and been researching them, the more I learn the more confused I get on what I want. I am leaning towards these trail tech voyagers but I would like to have "base camp" that some of the other ones have. I think I will wait to you get yours hooked up and see how you like it.

There are some lakes behind me here that I can see on the satellite photos that aren't even named, I can see trails into them I think I could find them with a GPS. Some of these lakes have fantastic trout fishing if you hit them at the right time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.