Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 with the transmission "slipping" to the point that it won't move. I have changed the oil 3 times, in succession, with Honda oil. It is currently at the high mark on the dipstick with crystal clear oil and won't move. It had progressively gotten worse over time. Does anyone know what the most likely cause is? I feel a transmission rebuild is in store for me. Honda gave me an idea it would be in the range of $3000 to rebuild the transmission. Any thoughts?

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Reading up on the 700, and finding owners saying the 700 "MUST be warmed up" before trying to move.
A few even said theirs had to be at operating temp, BEFORE it would move properly .........
The search bar works pretty good.
Found this about a 700 that got sunk.
Read Post # 6, something to check
Found this, that the 700 has no clutch adjustment
Thought this thread was a good read about how the transmission works
Did a little google searching, some good reading.
If you find and fix the problem, please post back here.
Maybe it will help someone else.
Have a good day

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 with the transmission "slipping" to the point that it won't move. I have changed the oil 3 times, in succession, with Honda oil. It is currently at the high mark on the dipstick with crystal clear oil and won't move. It had progressively gotten worse over time. Does anyone know what the most likely cause is? I feel a transmission rebuild is in store for me. Honda gave me an idea it would be in the range of $3000 to rebuild the transmission. Any thoughts?
I just had the clutch replaced at the Honda dealership for $2600. Pioneers do have a clutch BTW and I can't say I am crazy about their transmissions even though some folks say they are tough and maintenance free, I would disagree. My Honda is pretty high miles but still.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts