Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new set of STI HD3 machined wheels with a 5+2 offset on my new machine. They look great with the 27 inch Grim Reaper tires on them but the first five minutes on wet, sloppy gravel and the kids faces in the rear of the pioneer 4 were filthy. The tires stick out about 3 inches wider than the fenders and all of the mud and water gets kicked into my rear panel and even on the inside of my roof. I know if I can't keep the kids dry and happy my trips will suck plus the machine is filthy. I know many people on here have that tire wheel combo and I am just looking for suggestions. I'm even considering putting stock wheels back on and selling my new set. Does anyone make fender flares or a rim that's closer to stock? Thanks in advance.
front 27x9x14
rear 27x11x14
rims 14x7, 5+2 offset on all wheels

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I Posted my problem I realized i'm not the only one here that posted the need of fender flares. I never rode my pioneer with the stock wheels on but apparently the issue is the same just not as bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After I Posted my problem I realized i'm not the only one here that posted the need of fender flares. I never rode my pioneer with the stock wheels on but apparently the issue is the same just not as bad.
That is right. A lot of people are waiting on flairs. If they are not available when my unit comes in, I looking to put on some 4" flexible rubber flairs from Pacer Performance. I don't know if they will work on the back wheels. So I might have to just get some rubber sheeting to put back there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put 27 inch GBC DIRT TAMER tires on the factory rims and have no problems with them throwing mud all over the place. aftermarket rims look good but use that money on something else. I put the center cap on the factory rims and they look much better. also when you ride in the wet conditions you are going to get dirty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put 27 inch GBC DIRT TAMER tires on the factory rims and have no problems with them throwing mud all over the place. aftermarket rims look good but use that money on something else. I put the center cap on the factory rims and they look much better. also when you ride in the wet conditions you are going to get dirty.
Tbaker
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Enterco Mudlites on the stock rims. Still going to put on flairs. I hate getting my hunting close dirty. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember back in the day, i had a polaris sportsman 500 with vampires, wheel extenders, lift kit and a few other goodies. I thought it looked terrific. However, it didnt take long for me to realize the downside. My property is a cattle ranch, 5000 acres worth, and it is full of cow shi t, really sucks. Anyway, as u might imagine, this setup threw cow crap all over me, my gear and everywhere. It didnt take long for me to pull the wheel extenders. I eventually pulled the vamps too, just too much cow crap. So, if u think ur kids didnt like the mud, imagine their reaction if it was this stuff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the wheels look so nice........:( Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rinconruss-- I'm gonna keep my man card in my wallet for now. Sometimes choosing looks over functionality makes sense. When was the last time you seen an fat chick with a great personality modeling underwear in a Victoria's Secret magazine? Or an ugly chick modeling the latest motocross gear? Russ...........do you drive a Toyota Prius ?????

Reactions: Utard and skorp1702

·
Registered
355 Posts
Fat chicks are like mopeds their fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see ya

Reactions: Utard and Dick

·
Registered
658 Posts
iv noticed everyone complaining about getting dirty are running less aggressive tires. I know on a rainy day with my tires wide open down a packed dirt rd lil specs but not just down right covered the kids in it. I cover them in the back blackwater holes lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rinconruss-- I'mthen gonna keep my man card in my wallet for now. Sometimes choosing looks over functionality makes sense. When was the last time you seen an fat chick with a great personality modeling underwear in a Victoria's Secret magazine? Or an ugly chick modeling the latest motocross gear? Russ...........do you drive a Toyota Prius ?????
LMAO. No Prius. Ford F150. Just bust on ya. Those wheels really do look good on your Pioneer. Your man card has been reinstated just from the Prius joke. Enjoy your ride Wingman. We do need some good fender flairs. Even the stock tires throw mud in the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
My feet never get dirty, I just wear sneakers and never stop in the mud.. yet.

I find wearing sneakers the pedals are easier to operate. They are awkward in boots.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts