Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the Honda to pull a 6'x6' chain drag this morning. Drug it over an 11 acre pasture. It worked flawlessly, Honda has really done their homework on this machine, I kept it at about 6-7mph and the It stayed in first gear, RPMs felt good. Fan was kicking on every 15-20 minutes, so I wasn't working it all that hard. I tried to do this same task the last couple of years with the Polaris and I couldn't keep the speed slow enough in high range, and in low range it seemed like I was turning to many RPMs and the fan ran much more.

Once I figure out these front shocks I will have the perfect machine for my needs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shocks

There has been allot of talk about the shocks on the pioneer. Glad it works great for you, as my wifes works fine for us. I'm switching to Polaris rzr shocks in the front hopefully that works, there are a set of shocks on the market plus fox is bringing a pair to the market as well. Commander 1000 front shocks will swap over as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice.

I did my pasture a few weeks ago also. It is about 30 acres.

My haro is about maybe 8-10 wide by 6-8 long I was holding about 12 mph no problem.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There has been allot of talk about the shocks on the pioneer. Glad it works great for you, as my wifes works fine for us. I'm switching to Polaris rzr shocks in the front hopefully that works, there are a set of shocks on the market plus fox is bringing a pair to the market as well. Commander 1000 front shocks will swap over as well.
Which rat shocks are you going to use? You probably said it in the other thread, but I can't seem to find it. Curious about cc's and year, etc

·
Registered
186 Posts
I thought about using my pioneer to drag the pastures but will probably use my tractor.
I have a 6x6 drag too and impressed the pioneer pulls it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts