Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer where I'm getting my pioneer from is quoting a Honda Warn 4000 pound winch at $440. Winch mount bracket kit is $270. I guess I don't have a problem paying this or did somebody find a place you can get the stuff at a lower cost?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dealer where I'm getting my pioneer from is quoting a Honda Warn 4000 pound winch at $440. Winch mount bracket kit is $270. I guess I don't have a problem paying this or did somebody find a place you can get the stuff at a lower cost?
you can get the winch mount from KFI for less then $60 (off ebay i think ) and you should do better on the winch also (ebay)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look on amazon. If you have any aptitude for elec. you can install it pretty easily. The KFI Mount runs $54. I'm not sure about the winch, but you can save a few hundred if you take the time to google it and DIY. Electrical is pretty straight forward.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
You must either work there or own that company, youre plugging them quite a bit lol
Mike I don't work at or own EMP. I just keep the updates of the products EMP makes for the Pioneer. Also you've got to admit it is funny that Honda's winch mount is $270 and the bumper winch combo from EMP Is cheaper

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hear ya, Im just messing with ya anyway...but seriously they should throw you some free accessories lol.

Yea the Honda mount is definately overpriced, I asked my dealer why it was so expensive and he said because its Honda, just like Harley...you pay more to have that name on there. I dont want to pay more for a name myself though. Does anyone know if there is any benefit to having the factory mount?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I hear ya, Im just messing with ya anyway...but seriously they should throw you some free accessories lol.

Yea the Honda mount is definately overpriced, I asked my dealer why it was so expensive and he said because its Honda, just like Harley...you pay more to have that name on there. I dont want to pay more for a name myself though. Does anyone know if there is any benefit to having the factory mount?
NO .......you have less money when you leave the Honda dealership .....lol

·
Registered
373 Posts

There Is several different mounts out Super Winch, KFI, EMP. they are all around $50-$60 I cant really see any Benefit to having a Factory one. Shoot for $210 difference that's a good Chunk of Change towards a winch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You must either work there or own that company, youre plugging them quite a bit lol
I too am beginning to wonder about that. KYhunter has 40 posts on the EMP thread and access to a ton of info and photos of their products.
Just saying.....but not complaining..info is good to know. LOL.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maybe they should provide Kyhunter with free samples as he is such a good representative for their products...he could become their official Pioneer products tester.
We would not complain about that.....LOL.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I too am beginning to wonder about that. KYhunter has 40 posts on the EMP thread and access to a ton of info and photos of their products.
Just saying.....but not complaining..info is good to know. LOL.
Haha Well I don't really see a lot of other companies making anything for them and posting it on facebook.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts