Honda Pioneer Forum banner

What color and model Pioneer 700 are you getting?

• Pioneer 700 Red

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Pioneer 700 Olive

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Pioneer 700 Honda Phantom Camo

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Pioneer 700-4 Red

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Pioneer 700-4 Olive

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Pioneer 700-4 Honda Phantom Camo

Votes: 9 15.5%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the Pioneer 700 and Pioneer 700-4 will be available in the following colors:

• Olive
  • Red
  • Honda Phantom Camo

Olive

Red

Phantom Camo

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's funny how little area of the paint is on the pioneer. Just the hood on the front is colored. It shouldn't be too hard if you ever wanted to change that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's funny how little area of the paint is on the pioneer. Just the hood on the front is colored. It shouldn't be too hard if you ever wanted to change that.
so true, we could easily wrap it with the same type of wrap car guys use or even plasti dip it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Having trouble deciding between red and phantom camo, both look amazing.
too bad it's just the front end that colored and not anywhere else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
at least if we want to change the colored area's to something else with what ever method we want to go about it, it will be easy. i'm going to experiment with some different colors eventually

·
Registered
469 Posts
might get the camo

Not much of it is painted apart from the front so its not a huge impact regardless of what color you get. Maybe I'll paint it a different color just to be different.

·
Registered
131 Posts
might get the camo

Not much of it is painted apart from the front so its not a huge impact regardless of what color you get. Maybe I'll paint it a different color just to be different.
instead of painting, vinyl wrapping would a good idea. it's cheaper by far, easy to apply on our UTV's unlike cars

·
Registered
85 Posts
The phantom camo looks bad ass.

there is just so little area to cover for paint. I could see them selling the different colored panels as an accessories for people to customize and change down the road.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not going to be easy to vinyl wrap the front. It's expensive.

If you want to be cheap just plastidip it.

Or just spray bomb the front. It works...

·
Registered
213 Posts
They do sell them seperately I would think. These get banged up pretty good over a long period of time and the paint gets faded from the sun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They do sell them seperately I would think. These get banged up pretty good over a long period of time and the paint gets faded from the sun.
especially that red, it will fade like crazy in the sun, but there are things you can do to pro-long the fading process, enough that if you do the "paint maintenance" it should continue to look good for a long time.

plasti dipping is probably what i would do just to keep it looking good and to cover up any damage :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah youre right plasti dipping or wrapping it would preserve the paint but you wouldn;t be able to enjoy it. Unless, you plan on selling the thing later on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah youre right plasti dipping or wrapping it would preserve the paint but you wouldn;t be able to enjoy it. Unless, you plan on selling the thing later on.
I guess it's just an idea for some people, some would rather rock the stock finish, some rather switch it up with different finishes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would even look on ebay for a roll of vinyl and have it for a weekend project. Funny how people use to rattle can and now its either plasti dip or vinyl.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I heard that its a new camo and that they fixed how it peels so easy on the older models.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could camo wrap them for probably a couple hundred bucks and a weekend in the garage.
yeah you just need to find a good source for the wrap and do it yourself, so many DIY's on it. since wrapping this isn't like a car it's far more easier to do yourself. no need for the pros

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what about rims? anyone thinking of painting the rims or getting new ones?
Red would be cool, i would just experiment with a $10 can of plasti dip and go from their but aside form that i rather keep it in it's OEM finish

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
IMO the factory wheels are kind of cheap looking, especially with the tires they come with. Just basic steel wheels painted black. Aftermarket wheels are pretty cheap if you shop around and aren't picky on the style. Even if you are picky and want a certain style they aren't bad priced.

I have been kicking around the idea of wrapping my 4 wheeler. The fenders are showing wear from years of work and abuse (off road riding). The debate is between new plastics and a wrap for it. Been leaning towards the wrap to just have something different from everyone else.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts