Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a warn kinda guy. Any suggestions on size or model? Should I go synthetic or wire cable?

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
After using synthetic cable I will not go back to using wire cable. Much easier to work with and if it ever does break it goes limp instead of flying back to you. Plus if it does break you just tie a knot in it and keep going (very hard to do with steel cable). I would look at the 4000#-5000# winches for a SxS. Warn has proven itself over the years and they are a good winch. If you decide to save a few bucks I have had really good luck with the Viper line of winches.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i would get atleast a 4000lb winch and im a warn guy myself but you can look at KFI also ....great people that stand behind there product

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
XT40 $570 @ Montana Jacks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have been waiting on a Warn Provantage 4000 for 1.5 months now. Allegedly to be delivered this week. Be sure whomever you order a Warn from actually has one in stock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the synthetic "chafe" easy?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does the synthetic "chafe" easy?
Easier than cable yes, but the positives still out weigh the negatives IMO. Cable will fray with time too and becomes non user friendly real fast at that point. The safety aspects as mentioned above are also a big plus.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've been running the same synthetic rope in my XT30 for 5 years. Use a short strap if you need to cinch something abrasive.

Reactions: CSFI

·
Registered
4 Posts
After using synthetic cable I will not go back to using wire cable. Much easier to work with and if it ever does break it goes limp instead of flying back to you. Plus if it does break you just tie a knot in it and keep going (very hard to do with steel cable). I would look at the 4000#-5000# winches for a SxS. Warn has proven itself over the years and they are a good winch. If you decide to save a few bucks I have had really good luck with the Viper line of winches.
Could not agree more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts