Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to order my wheels soon and I need some information. I know its on this site somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

I am buying wheels probably SS212 and I need to know what the factory offset is? I want to keep the factory look and keep the wheels in a straight row with one and other.

I think the front is 5+2 and the back is 5+3 but not sure.

Also everyone seems to be upgrading the wheels to 14" from 12". Is there a advantage apart from look?

While i'm at it lots of people go with the maxxis bighorns. Will these destroy my grass?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Im going to order my wheels soon and I need some information. I know its on this site somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

I am buying wheels probably SS212 and I need to know what the factory offset is? I want to keep the factory look and keep the wheels in a straight row with one and other.

I think the front is 5+2 and the back is 5+3 but not sure.

Also everyone seems to be upgrading the wheels to 14" from 12". Is there a advantage apart from look?

While i'm at it lots of people go with the maxxis bighorns. Will these destroy my grass?

Thanks!
That's the correct offset numbers.

14" will give you less sidewall. Which means less flex and you'll have less weight as the tire rubber will weigh more than the aluminum of the rim. Which is good for staying close to stock weight and not sapping power.

The pioneer will ruin your grass. There is no slip in the rear diff.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Have you found a place selling the ITP SS212 in a 12x8? Don't remember seeing one back when I was looking for my wheels.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thats always an issue with the aftermarkets. It can be hard to find what you like and have it exactly like stock. In the 14" I had the same issue. You just have to take what you can get.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It seems like it's something that could be more standardized on the factory and aftermarket sides. I 100% agree.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anyone know if a factory set of rincon wheels are the same as stock pioneer wheels. The factory polished aluminum would look nice and have factory backspace

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's the correct offset numbers.

14" will give you less sidewall. Which means less flex and you'll have less weight as the tire rubber will weigh more than the aluminum of the rim. Which is good for staying close to stock weight and not sapping power.

The pioneer will ruin your grass. There is no slip in the rear diff.
Moose, did you do 5+3 all around. I thought that is in a post you made.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a half of one I can measure over at my dads tomorrow. it burned a couple months back and rims melted lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.