Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a new set of wheels and tires for the 700-4. I do mostly work around the house and some trail riding. I was looking at the 26" Big Horns because of them being 8 ply and also the tread doesnt look as if it will tear up the yard when turning. Anyone here ever run a set of those that may have some comments on them? I first wanted the Mud Lite XTR's because I think they have a good look to them but Im afraid they will be a little too aggressive for what I do and may eat up the grass on sharp turns.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Unless the changed them the BigHorn is a 6ply tire. It's a great all around tire (bigreds came stock with them) and wear good. Are you planning on staying with the 12 inch wheel size or jump to 14's?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm thinking about getting Duro Powergrips for mine. They are 6 ply, less expensive, and have a very similar tread pattern to the bighorns.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those look pretty nice too, price is very good on them but I do like the idea of the Blackwaters being 8-ply.

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was concerned when reading through the reviews, some of the reviews are pretty bad, bad enough to have me looking elsewhere. But there are a good amount of positives ones:

reviews: Tusk TriloBite ATV Tire Reviews | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
the only experince i have is with them is on 600-700lb honda foreman 450-500 ....... i guess the tires cant take double the weight of the SxSs

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I noticed too from the reviews....seems to be a pretty good tire for an ATV for a great price. For a side x side maybe need to go a different direction though. Anybody know if you can turn the Blackwaters around and hide the yellow writing on the sides kinda like white letter tires on cars/trucks? I really dont like the look of that.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i don't take whats is in a tire review as law .....you dont hear the whole story ....you only hear that the rear tires failed ........but he doesn't put in that he was drunk and tried jumping a 30 foot creek with 6 people and flipped 7 times ......i would read that review ....lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i don't take whats is in a tire review as law .....you dont hear the whole story ....you only hear that the rear tires failed ........but he doesn't put in that he was drunk and tried jumping a 30 foot creek with 6 people and flipped 7 times ......i would read that review ....lol
Haha, sounds like a **** of a time though!

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I would guess the yellow lettering is on both sides of the tire. A little mud will hide it.. lol Most of the time that coloring wears off in time so you might be able to scrub it off with a cleaner.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I added some new tires and wheels to my pioneer today. I went with 26x9r12 and 26x11r12 Kenda Bear Claw HTR ( hard terrain radial). I had a set of Polaris aluminum wheels that come on their LE models with a 6 and 1 offset. I had these tires and wheels on a rzr for about a 1000 miles but they still have excellent tread. The Polaris wheels have a 4 on 156 bolt pattern vs. a 4 on 110 on the pioneer. From Superatv I purchased a set of their 1 inch spacer/bolt pattern adaptors for $110. I measured the ground clearance at the rear skid plate before and had 10.5 inches. With the new tires I now have 11.5 inches so these tires are about 2 inches bigger than the stock tires. Before my speedo read about 1.5 mph fast now it reads about 1.5 mph slow according to gps. Overall I gained 2 inches of width. These tires ride a little softer than stockers and should have better traction.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Hey nice soapy, I didn't know they made such an adapter like that...slick.

These tires ride a little softer than stockers and should have better traction.
When you say softer ride, ya mean better riding? When I put the 8 ply radials on, we (wife and I) noticed a more firm ride that handles the bumps better than the stock tires.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
It's in the ball park Rob. You can find better deals though. Is that what your looking for or just something you came across?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I added some new tires and wheels to my pioneer today. I went with 26x9r12 and 26x11r12 Kenda Bear Claw HTR ( hard terrain radial). I had a set of Polaris aluminum wheels that come on their LE models with a 6 and 1 offset. I had these tires and wheels on a rzr for about a 1000 miles but they still have excellent tread. The Polaris wheels have a 4 on 156 bolt pattern vs. a 4 on 110 on the pioneer. From Superatv I purchased a set of their 1 inch spacer/bolt pattern adaptors for $110. I measured the ground clearance at the rear skid plate before and had 10.5 inches. With the new tires I now have 11.5 inches so these tires are about 2 inches bigger than the stock tires. Before my speedo read about 1.5 mph fast now it reads about 1.5 mph slow according to gps. Overall I gained 2 inches of width. These tires ride a little softer than stockers and should have better traction.
lookin good soapy!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts