Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if the guys that have the hard poly windshields have any regrets of not going with glass? I think the glass would be nice for scratch resistance but the poly looks a little bit nicer. I can't find any info on if the poly folds open or just how it separates in two pieces. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went with the split windshield (hard coat) and have no regrets. Easy install. The top windshield will fold out about 4-5 inches, which allows for a nice airflow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would go with glass. Poly will scratch over time and very hard to see in sun's glare. Mine got scratched first time out. Put on glass and very happy with it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Went with split window also. I like the fact I can take the top portion of window off very easily. I do watch carefully when driving through tree branches to avoid scratching it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bubba -- Did you go with the hard coat the first time?

I have the hard coat / split. I've been through some pretty rough stuff and mine isn't scratched up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you take the top part of the split windshield . Does it seem to be as effective as a half windshield? I want a full for winter but half for summer. Don't really want to buy both.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have hard coat but id like to go glass cause you can clean it with anything.. my dad decided to cover my front windshield and tokk a while using a 5 gallon bucket and creek to get it back to see through status in the middle of the woods

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I would probably buy the good glass windshield for the winter months and a cheap half windshield for the summer. With the Honda clamp system it's easy to install and remove them so it would just be the storage issue.

I've been installing both glass and 2 piece hard coat. The slides on the 2 piece are not that impressive (one was broke in shipment) and I think it would take some modifying to make them hold good at road speeds (hold windshield open). Other than that I liked it even though I thought the lower section could have been a little taller. I have no seat time with just the lower section in place though and they haven't been out long enough to know how well they will hold up (scratching).

·
Registered
658 Posts
my buddy at road just got that fold out windshield it holds at full speed and we were looking it make a great half during summer by removing the top section

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to Everyone for their thoughts on the wind shields. I think I like Too Deep's Idea of having one full glass for when its cold and if it ever warms up buy a cheap half shield. I sort of forgot how fast you can swap them out if you have both of them with you. Thanks again to everyone.

Reactions: mdsig45

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you seen the glass windshield on the Ranger 900XP? It's very slick. The roll cage has a channel the glass nests in. It locks in with with a cam lever and is EZ-in-n-out. I may try fabricating a minimal frame that would sit atop the cage.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would go with glass. Poly will scratch over time and very hard to see in sun's glare. Mine got scratched first time out. Put on glass and very happy with it.
Glass is good but it breaks. My dealer talked me out of one because of this.
Fins broke his tipping his vehicle over.

I think I will make my own out of Lexan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts