Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016. Somehow the key got turned to on and left like that for i don't know how long. Anyway the batt was dead so charged up. It will start but the shift paddles don't work now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very likely a battery issue. The engine will start with a battery degraded to a point that will cause shifting issues. If the battery will not charge to full voltage, 12.6 volts, then the shifting can be a problem. When my battery went bad it would charge to 12.1 volts and my P500 would start but not shift. You can jump to a known good battery and see if it shifts while jumped, if so then bad UTV battery. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very likely a battery issue. The engine will start with a battery degraded to a point that will cause shifting issues. If the battery will not charge to full voltage, 12.6 volts, then the shifting can be a problem. When my battery went bad it would charge to 12.1 volts and my P500 would start but not shift. You can jump to a known good battery and see if it shifts while jumped, if so then bad UTV battery. Hope this helps.
Yup that was the problem. Once i got it charged everything worked like it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts